About Garden Rose Consulting
Phil Edmunds grew up on a rose nursery. Edmunds’ Roses in Wilsonville, Oregon was founded by his father, Fred Edmunds, Jr. in 1949. After realizing that he was pretty good at roses, Phil started working permanently for his father in 1982 and purchased the nursery in 1992. Phil’s wife Kathy and he ran the company until 2005 when they sold the company to Jung Seed Company of Wisconsin. Edmunds’ Roses is the premier retail mail-order supplier in the US, specializing in exhibition and European varieties. Whether managing the production and growth of 100,000+ roses in the field or 40 plants in the backyard, Phil’s passion and experience has given his clients highly productive and beautiful rose gardens.
- Past President, Portland Rose Society
- Past President, All America Rose Selections
- Past American Rose Society Consulting Rosarian
- Past American Rose Society Horticultural Rose Judge
- Founding Board Member of Portland’s Best Rose Trials
- Silver Honor Medal Recipient, Pacific NW District, American Rose Society
- Bronze Medal Recipient, Portland Rose Society
- International Rose Trials Judge
- Speaker for Conventions, Garden Clubs, Clinics and Workshops on Roses.